Wednesday, January 11, 2006

A black woman may be forced to quit a loyalist housing estate after her home was daubed with shocking racist slogans

UTV:

Alison Antoine, 34, woke today to find the words "Die N****r" spray-painted on the front of the house in Stiles, Antrim.

A swastika, the Nazi SS symbol and "White Power" were also scrawled on the Housing Executive property at Rathkyle where she has lived for four years.

Ms Antoine said: "I`m sick of it and don`t know what to do.

"I`m frightened to walk out onto the street unless I have someone with me."

The Northern Ireland Council for Ethnic Minorities described it as one of the worst incidents of race hate it had encountered.

Executive director Patrick Yu said: "Normally they distribute leaflets, but this time it is targeting a specific family. It`s very serious."

Ms Antoine, originally from Grenada, moved to Northern Ireland more than 10 years ago to be close to her partner Robert Jones`s family.

Although the unemployed woman stressed most people in Antrim have caused her no trouble, she told how the intimidation from a minority has intensified.

A garden shed was burnt down and her kitchen windows smashed since she moved into the town, she said.

"I have been victimised because of my colour and had racist names shouted at me, but nothing like this," Ms Antoine added.

"I don`t know why somebody has done this to me, I wish they would leave me alone.

"It`s making me think about asking to move."

A Housing Executive order has been issued to have the graffiti removed on Wednesday.

British colonialism strikes again.

3 Comments:

At 6:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this happens every day in every city in the UK. because it happens on a Loyalist housing estate you blame British Colonialism. most right-minded people would blame Combat18.

as an Englishman in the Republic i get this kind of shit every other day. but then i'm white (and english) so i know everything is my fault anyways.

keep up the good work LOL!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Diarmid said...

If it happens every day in every city in Britain then maybe it is a British problem? Just like British colonialism and Combat18.

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to get in touch with the woman in the article. Any have any suggestions?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home